Thursday, October 28

It's out with the old and in with the new...

Hola chickens :)

About a month ago, I was a walking advert for The Collection 2000 16-hour wear foundation and concealer and the shine away pressed powder. I was telling people that they were good quality and great value, and should go out straight away to buy them.

So it turns out I may have been wrong..

I suffer from really bad combination skin, which is really oily making it acne prone, but at the same dry and tight feeling. And I'm also super-duper sensitive to just about everything and prone to reacting to most products. And it really does suck. I'm always so envious of my friends who can just leave the house with no face make up on and feel confident. When I have to put on concealer to cover blemishes, foundation to even out my skin tone and then powder so that I'm not attracting magpies all day because I'm so shiny.
So when I found the foundation, concealer and powder combo from Collection 2000 (a brand I normally trust because it's mascaras and eyeshadows are actually really good) for a cheap price, I thought it was a win-win situation, the foundation even claims to be oil-free which is a bonus. But as I've been using the trio, my skin has been getting progressively worse and worse, so it's time for..
..out with the old and in with the new.. :)



^^there's the old...

♥ ♥ ♥

and here's the new!


Miss Sporty is a brand that I rarely give a second thought, I have a crazy purple lipstick from there and that's it. But when I was in Superdrug this afternoon I spotted the golden words '4 Anti-spot actions', 'Anti-Bacterial' and 'Dermatologically tested for young skin' - I have to say I was chuffed with my find :).
So my lovely mummy, who could see I was very sad about my bad skin, offered to buy me the lovely new trio so that I could try them out and see if my skin was going to improve.
So that's what I shall do.

All three products claim to:
♥ Absorb excess oil from the skin
♥ Clarify skin and minimize spot breakout and blemishes
♥ Moisture skin thanks to emollient agents
♥ and Help control shine

If the products really do all those lovely things then pretty soon I will be a happy chappy :)

So far I have just tried out the foundation on my hand and it feels really lights and blends really nicely, and it also has a light clean scent which is fresh and pretty :).

These products were very cheap, the foundation and powder being £2.99 and the concealer stick only £1.99. But I feel like I trust what they are saying on the packet and if they do what it says on the tin, then money really is no object.

I will be trying my new purchases out over the course of the next few weeks and will let you know how it goes :).


Has anyone else had problemos with the collection 2000 products?
Or has good or bad things to say about the Miss Sporty ones too?

Au revoir for now.
lotsa love
daisydolly X

1 comment:

  1. i really hope these work for you lovely!
    keep updated! and good luck :) x x x

    ReplyDelete

post a comment for a smile :)