Thursday, August 26

August faves

Hello my sweety pies!
I have seen lots of these monthly favourite things before and I really enjoy reading and watching them so I thought I would do one myself. These are all products that I loved using this month and will most probably re-purchase soon!
This will be my last post for about a week because tomorrow I am going to Mallorca - I'm so very very excited, ahh! But I will do a holiday post when I get back to show some of the makeup and fashion looks I created when I was there and just general pictures of the lovely summery sun :)
I hope you enjoy reading this and don't forget to comment - I love reading what you have to say and I will definitely reply if you have any questions!

17 lasting finish nail polish in 'peacock'
I got this one for my birthday from a lurvely friend and I instantly fell in love with the colour. It's a gorgeous turquoise-y blue and has really pretty green shimmers in it.
The formulation is a good constistency and it builds well too :)
You can buy this for £2.99 at Boots.
(Btw sorry for the shoddy condition of my nails in the picture, trust me - I'm very ashamed :(. )

Primark makeup brushes, Purple Kabuki brush & Blusher Brush. Both were £1.50 each.
First of all, these brushes are so soft it's actually unreal.
The Kabuki one has very good grab and is great for powder foundation and pressed powder, it also gives a lovely even, matte finish - something that I am always striving for :)
The Blusher brush is great as well, it's very nice feeling on the skin and blends really well for such a cheap brand. I am impressed by both of these and I use them everyday!

Love ETC... perfume by The Body Shop.
I love this! You might have seen this on my room tour, the ring on the lid was a present and I put in on because I thought it looked pretty cool :D
The perfume smells so pretty and feminine and has lovely floral notes. It makes me feel really fresh and lasts a lot better than many other perfumes I've tried.
It's also really cheap at just £12 compared to more expensive brands. I got it for £7 at a discount stall - woop woop :D
I recommend this, a lot.

ELF mineral foundation with SPF 15 in light, available from www.eyeslipsface.com
I have tried too many foundations to count and they've all been wrong for me. I have very sensitive and oily skin causing me to get lots of blemishes so I do like coverage but at the same time I don't want to clog my pores.
This is the first powder foundation I have tried because I always thought the coverage would be too light but I was surprised to see that it gave a good, medium coverage and is build-able.
The powder feels light on my skin and gives it a natural, rather then cakey looking, matte finish. This is a winner for me. And at only £3.50 it would be ridiculous for me to complain ;)

Of course I had to include a lipstick in this post :) But when I found myself browsing my collection for my fave of the month I couldn't just choose one! So here are three :)
Barry M touch of magic - £4.25
I still can't really get over this lippie - it reacts with the natural Ph balance in your lips and turns them pink and for mine they go almost red it's so bright :) I love this with a white based eye because it looks really dramatic. A great product.
2true glossywear lipstick in shade 7 - £1.99 (i think!)
I wasn't expecting too much from this lipstick because it was so cheap but I actually really like it! I have worn it lots and I like it a bit more each time I do wear it. It's a coral-y pink colour and has a really pretty sheen, it's also quite moisturising. If you're on a budget and want a pretty summery lip then this is for you :)
ELF mineral lipstick in 'runaway pink' - £3.50
This was a gift from my lovely friend hebeflora and it's probably my favourite of the three :) It's such a pretty neutral pink and the formulation is lovely, it's nice and creamy and lasts well. It's also very wearable and complements a pink blush perfectly. A must buy!

I hope you enjoyed this post and please follow if you haven't already -- it means a lot to get followers! :D
I will get back to you all after my holiday!
Have a lovely week and I hope the weather brightens up for you all.

lots of blog lurve and hugs and makeup joy, hehe :)
daisydolly xoxo

4 comments:

  1. I have the Barry M touch of magic lippie to, it's lovely and so interesting, lol.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yeah its so cool :) don't forget to follow me! hehe

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have and love that elf lipstick! It reminds me of a color Edie Sedgwick would wear, who you look like! She was Andy Warhol's muse. There was a movie about her that towards the end started being more about her alleged relationship with Bob Dylan, but a good movie nonetheless. It's called Factory Girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thankyou :) don't forget to follow me! xx

    ReplyDelete

post a comment for a smile :)