Tuesday, August 3

hello summer lovelies :)

Just a quick post to say that soon I will be doing an ELF.com haul :)

I just ordered a few products that I really wanted to try so I will check them out and then blog about them and score them out of ten!

I love receiving parcels in the post :) do you? lotsa love xoxo

here is a quick pretty picture to put everyone in a summer mood :)

ah! that place, wherever it is, looks so lovely! I need a holiday like that!

Also, I just thought that I would give you a quick preview of the very first bit of my novel, 'There You'll Be'. This is the first part of Chapter One, I don't have many followers at the moment - but if you come across this blog then please follow and if I get enough followers and it's worth it, I will keep posting bits of the story on :)

Hope whoever reads this enjoys and please comment!

One

“Just take your time, Grace,” A plump woman with a blue and white police outfit, with a faint Irish accent said to me, “tell us everything, about your Mum and about him. Try not to miss out any details. I know it’s hard for you, but it’s important. We need to know everything,” she clicked a button on a tape recorder and a low buzzing noise filled the room, “whenever you’re ready.”

________________________________________

Have you ever noticed that if you stare at something for long enough it can start to change? Even the flattest of objects if you keep your eyes on them and really concentrate can start to morph and form faces. As I sit here I wonder what I’m seeing change, perhaps it’s a part of me, like the terror that I bury so deep within, somewhere inside that sometimes even I can’t reach, like it’s is spilling out uncontrollably. From being trapped in my breath and pumping through my blood then escaping and filling the air and changing everything around me, making things terrifying.

6 months ago I was normal. Just normal Grace. I had a best friend, good grades with the exception of Maths and Physics, a pet cat called Pat who I adored, I did my homework on time, washed up the supper plates with my Dad listening to The Beatles every night, went to the park at weekends sitting listening to music on the grass and laughing with the people I loved to spend time with and lay on the sofa on Wednesday evenings under a blanket with my sister watching Corrie. 6 months ago I was so different. 6 months ago I had a mum.

The day we found out was the 14th April 2007. Now I look back on it, it feels like a dream, a blur that I can barely remember. It’s like I’ve blocked it out of memory and put it somewhere at the back of my mind which I can’t reach and each time I try and grab for it, it tumbles further away.

hope you like it! :D

xxxxxxxxx



2 comments:

  1. i want to know what happens.......xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I might post the next bit soon so watch this space! hehe xx

    ReplyDelete

post a comment for a smile :)